RubyWorld Conference 2015 Speaker Invite
RubyWorld Conference Executive Committee is inviting speakers from around the world for the RubyWorld Conference 2015! Application to give a presentation at the conference is open to the public.
The Program Review Committee of RubyWorld Conference 2015 will choose all presenters based on impartial consideration of all the applicants’ submitted qualifications.
How about you!? Do you have information to present to the world in relation to efforts on Ruby? You are cordially invited to apply! Please see below for Application details and guidelines.
General outline of RubyWorld Conference 2015
From November 12th(Thu) to 13th(Fri) in 2015
International conference room (3rd floor) in the Shimane Prefectural Convention Center “Kunibiki Messe”
Executive Committee for RubyWorld Conference
- Ruby Association
- Shimane Prefectural Government
- Matsue Municipal Government
- Shimane University
- Matsue College of Technology
- JETRO Matsue
- Shimane Industrial Promotion Foundation
- Shimane Information Technology Industry Association
- Open Source Software Society Shimane
- METI Chugoku Bureau of Economy, Trade and Industry
1) Targeted applicants
Those who are able to deliver a presentation with content in accordance with one of the following themes.
（1）Introducing the trend of cutting edge technology relating to Ruby
（2）Introducing examples of system development
（3）The introduction of Ruby examples from the user perspective
（4）Introducing the efforts to deal with Ruby as a public organization platform
（5）The introduction of education and study dealing with Ruby
2) Deadline for Application
July 31st, 2015 05:00pm JST (Japan Standard Time, UTC+9)
3) Application Process
1. Summary of the presenter
Description within one page (A4-size, 8×10) (format not designated) including:
- Presentation theme (any one of the 5) described above
- Title of presentation
- Name of the presenter with contact information
- Presenter time slot preference 15 minutes or 30 minutes
2. Outline of the presentation
- Description within three pages (A4-size, 8×10) (Format not designated)
- Attachment of documents allowed as needed
- Include a descriptive abstract of the presentation
All applications are to be submitted by e-mail to the following address:
A conformation E-mail will be sent within 3 days of application receipt. If conformation is not made, please contact us directly. Contact information can be found below.
If the applicant gave a similar presentation on the same subject they intend to present at RubyWorld Conference 2015 they must also include a statement of where and when they gave the prior presentation.
4) Determination of presenters
Around the end of August, 2015
All who apply will be notified regardless if chosen to present or not
5) Quota for admission
Around 10 presenters for 30 minute slots
Around 5 presenters for 15 minute slots
6) Time allocated per presentation
- 30 minute slot: 25 minute presentation with 5 minute Q&A
- 15 minute slot: 15 minute presentation with No Q&A
7) Languages for application and presentation
Japanese or English
8) Perks for presenters
- Contents of the presentations are to be posted on an official web site as well as published in a guide book to be created by the Executive Committee of RubyWorld Conference 2015 with the presenter’s agreement.
- Invite to the Welcome Party presented by the RubyWorld Conference Executive Committee.
- Date: November 11th (Wed) 2015
- Who: Yukihiro Matsumoto, Linda Liukas, and main RubyWorld Conference sponcers as well as all presenters
- More details will be provided after determining presenters
- Date: November 11th (Wed) 2015
9) Burden of expense
All expenses, for attending, applying and/or presenting, at the conference will be the responsibility of the attendee or presenter unless stated above.
RubyWorld Conference Executive Committee Office
Ichibata Electric Railway CO., LTD.
49 Nakabracho Matsue, Shimane 6900874
Secretary in charge: Miho Bulluck